Press Kit & Information
This information is a one-size-fits-all resource for media professionals, podcast hosts, conference organizers, and other interested folks. We can customize it together for your event, of course, but please feel free to use it as is.
Bio: Marshall Lichty
Marshall Lichty is a lawyer with ADHD. He’s the founder and Chief Enthusiasm Officer of JDHD (https://TheJDHD.com), a multifaceted ecosystem that helps release all the untapped potential in lawyers with ADHD to help them bring that potential to their lives and their work.
Marshall is the best-selling author of The Small Firm Roadmap: A Survival Guide to the Future of Your Law Practice and the host of JDHD | A Podcast for Lawyers.
As a law firm consultant and ADHD coach, Marshall spends his days helping law firms and lawyers build better lives and law businesses.
Media Interview Request Form for JDHD or Marshall Lichty
Things Marshall Believes
- Lawyers with ADHD will dramatically change the legal profession—for the better—in the next 10 years.
- Lawyers are behind the curve in running law firms as businesses. They work too hard, with too little relief, for too little reward.
- The legal profession has largely ignored lawyers with ADHD. That has exacted a huge toll from real people and our profession as a whole.
- ADHD lawyers see new ways to improve in places other lawyers often don’t. They help law businesses operate and succeed more like other, non-legal, businesses do.
- Law firms employing ADHD lawyers reap sizeable rewards from their novel problem solving, eye for gaps, and creativity about how to fill them.
- Habits are the only thing that create lasting change in our lives and our businesses (thank you, James Clear).
- Hourly billing is (almost always) terrible for everyone involved.
Facts about Marshall Lichty
- I once stabbed myself in the forearm with a utility knife while all alone at 1:30am. I fixed it with duct-tape.
- I remember the night Tupac died.
- I love a good crowd, but two of the most embarrassing moments of my life have been on stage.
- I've sent the perfect email.
- I've helped save a boy from a bear attack.
- I've held a grown man's fake eyeball in my hand.
- I've held a different grown man's severed big toe in my hand.
- I have crippling imposter syndrome.
- I picked on a kid named Dale when I was in 1st grade, and I feel shame about it at least once per week.
More Information About JDHD and Marshall Lichty
- Twitter (Marshall)
- Twitter (JDHD)
- JDHD Facebook Page
- JDHD on YouTube
- Marshall on LinkedIn
- JDHD on Instagram
- JDHD on Pinterest
- Marshall's Personal Website
- Age: 43
- Married to Katie Lichty
- Father to Everett (8) and Otis (3)
- Name Pronunciation: MAR-shul LICK-tee
- The ADHD Library
- The Small Firm Roadmap
- Design Thinking For Lawyers
- Manager README
- Lawyers with ADHD. 2020. In The California Guide to Opening and Managing a Law Firm. Renee Stackhouse, ed. The State Bar of California. Forthcoming.
- Identifying Your Target Client. Forthcoming. In The California Guide to Opening and Managing a Law Firm. Renee Stackhouse, ed. The State Bar of California. Forthcoming.
- JDHD | For Lawyers with ADHD.
- “Special Resources for Lawyers with ADHD,” Distraction with Dr. Ned Hallowell (December 17, 2019).
- “Practicing Law with ADD and ADHD,” Lawyers Gone Ethical (October 8, 2019).
- “Text Message Marketing,” The Clienting Podcast (June 27, 2018).
- “Why Mentoring Could Be The Key to Your Legal Career,” The Lawyerist Podcast (June 7, 2017).
- Extended Interview: JDHD Podcast Host & Author Marshall Lichty, GNGF.
- Design Thinking for Lawyers, with Marshall Lichty, Lawyerist.com.
- Manager README, with Marshall Lichty (Lens #012), Lawyerist.com.
- Storytelling for Better Lawyer Websites—Insights, Casetext.com
- Learn to Mind Map Quickly and Easily (For Lawyers with ADHD), TheJDHD.com
- How to Tie Your Shoes: Marshall Lichty's Double Loop, Lawyerist.com
- “The Paralegal's Role in Building the Law Practice of the Future,” Minnesota Paralegal Association, 2019 MPA Annual Convention.
- “How Young Professionals Lead—An Audience Interactive Event: Hear, React, Exchange,” University of Minnesota Law School, Leadership Speaker Series.
- Small-Firm Technology Fall Bootcamp, Minnesota State Bar Association.
- “Elimination of Bias: Lawyers with ADHDl—Potential, Powers, and Pains in a Profession that (Desperately) Needs our Brains.” Minnesota CLE.
Interviews & Press Appearances
- Brain & Life Magazine
Quotes & Testimonials
“Marshall was enthusiastic and energetic and kept the audience’s attention throughout the presentation even though they had eaten a full lunch beforehand. From an event organizer standpoint, Marshall was prompt in getting me the information I needed for our registration notice and brochure; he arrived ahead of schedule on the day of the presentation and was ready to go on time. Marshall took the time to answer questions from the audience afterwards but didn’t go over his allotted time allowing us to keep on schedule. Overall, it was a great experience and I would look forward to having Marshall speak at a future event.”
“It was a delight to see you and to hear you share success tips. [We] really need that type of boots-on-the-ground wisdom to move [us] forward. Your genuine enjoyment at presenting was evident and it was a nice treat to spend time with you afterward.”
“Wow. What a great day. You taught me the best way to do it myself. Teach a man to fish…”
“Thank you for always being so optimistic, especially when I wasn't so optimistic. Your positive attitude lifted my spirits.”
“[Marshall] did an excellent job. I could listen to an all-day seminar by him. He was last but the best by far!”
“[Marshall] was very dynamic. Excellent content.”